My partner and I were asked to submit a statement for inclusion in the Between The Lines news about our support for Marriage Equality. I figured I would share it here too!!
We are for marriage equality because it shouldn’t matter who you say “I do” to, as long as it’s true! Fundamentally, most of the LGBTQ communities have their own social unions, but with out the legal system backing us, our children and partners won’t get the benefits needed to survive as a REAL family. When LOVE finds us we are already speechless, why make us voiceless too? Love is a personal depth into each other’s soul. Why are we so different to want to be whole?
- It Really is the Same (mynameisra.wordpress.com)
- Marriage Equality Polls Well in Oregon: 49 Percent Favor, 42 Oppose (towleroad.com)
- Marriage equality polling well in Oregon, 18 months out (dailykos.com)
- More Than Half Of Brazil Has Marriage Equality Now (lezgetreal.com)
- Why Marriage Equality Should Matter To Straight People (considertheteacosy.wordpress.com)
- Beyond Either/Or: More Thoughts on Marriage Equality (changelabinfo.com)